Wednesday, June 14, 2006

News from the Low Country

It is a joy and privilege for me to serve on staff at St. Philip's Church in Charleston. I am working with wonderful men and women of this parish, and trying to make the most of this learning experience. We are enjoying nice accommodations for the months of June and July from two different parishioners who have graciously opened their homes to Robyn, William and me. We are thankful that God has blessed us with two families who were willing to take in strangers for a month each.

The worship is glorious and Spirit-filled. I look forward to hearing the Gospel preached from the other priests on staff, and make my contribution on July 9. My first week teaching Sunday school was well received as we began to explore Paul's letter to the Philippians using Nicky Gumbel's book, A Life Worth Living. I look forward to seeing where our discussion leads us.

Robyn and William have been exploring Charleston and making sure to hit the beach on a real regular basis. They are settling into a routine, and are enjoying their time here as well.

Thank God the sand gnats have decided to subside a bit, and have not greeted us yet. We know all about them from our Brunswick days, and would just as soon never see them again! More to follow...

No comments: